Harry's Newbie Guide on Finvarra's Fortress
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome back to the Realm!
I'm Harry. I've been playing Finvarra's Fortress since launch and over a year on MistWalkers. Played this game back in 1997-2001.
My three year old says "Sharing is Caring." Hopefully this guide will short cut some of the learning curve.
Feel free to help update this guide with me.
I'll be updating this guide as it goes
The Check List
- Learn to play with F12, press F12 five times and you'll go faster. If you don't like the speed press F11 to reduce the speed.
- Using more accounts up to 6 is better than using one account. Find what works best for you and use either 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. For example, if you are a wiz you can cast twice the amount of spells per round with two wizards.
- If you are a self found like to find your own gear ignore this. Ask Channel 4 for newbie help (gear advice)
- Recommended Gear Advice
- Endurance Rings and Amulets
- Adamantium Weapon or Level 1 Weapon ( try to get this permed at least with fire, ice, venom, electricity)
- Troll Leather or better for wizzies/thieves, Mythril or better
- Belt of Str
- Chanted Back Pack
- Chanted baldric
- Recommended Gear Advice
- Insurance ( you won't lose any items or gold up to level 50)
- After 50 you will lose 10 percent of the value of your equipment (this doesn't include stuff in your backpack)
- Type /ins to see its cost
- If you don't have enough money it'll take mana. If you don't have mana or money you'll start dropping items like the old days.
- New Commands
- /state - shows how old toon is, what alignment, stats, and all kinds of nifty info
- /bosses - gives a list of bosses currently alive
- Notable Levels
- You gain new baldrics at, 3, 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 450, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, Prestige
- You can equip proficient armor at 250, expert armor at 500. One day there might be armor at 750 and 1,000.
- There are level one weapons, 300, 600, and one day at 900.
- There are a slew of helmets able to wear at various levels.
- Leveling - Use Hot Zones to level.
Where can I get help?
- Official Discord Channel
- Unofficial Player-run Discord Channel
- In Game Channel 4 (Meeting Place) and Channel 3 (Trade)
- This Wikipedia Site
- Hot Zones / How to get to places
- Loot and Book Drops
- Other sites:
- Currently no other sites are known
What type of character should I make?
Nearly every toon is "viable" but there are a few classic favorites. The current Dev Team Rat-Labs doesn't like all-stat focused characters.
|All Dexterity Elf Thief||
|All Intelligence Elf Wizard (AIEW)||
|All Strength Giant Warrior (ASGW)||
|Other Mixed Classes/Races||